St. Louis is packed full of talented people. Limelight Magazine is taking time to talk to some of those talented individuals and introduce them to our readers. Our first local talent is Morgan Ladyman.
- What is your name and how old are you?
- My name is Morgan Ladyman and I am 18 years old.
- What social media links can your fans follow you on?
- I have a facebook page. Click here to follow me!
- What hobbies do you have, beside theater of course?
- I love to sing, hang out with my friends and family (especially my puppies, Bo and Murphy). I also enjoy shopping and traveling.
- What do you do for a living when you’re not performing?
- I get paid for singing gigs, if that counts.
- How long have you been acting?
- My first show was “Fiddler on the Roof” in the 5th grade, so about seven or eight years.
- In that time, how many shows have you done?
- A LOT!! But if I had to guess, I would say about 40 shows.
- What are your top three favorite shows and roles that you have played?
- AGH! Can I pick 4?
- Belle in “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast”
- Mary Poppins in “Disney’s Mary Poppins”
- Wednesday Addams in “The Addams Family”
- Ariel in “Disney’s Little Mermaid”
- What are your top 3 roles you would love to play?
- SANDY!!! In Grease!!
- What theater companies have you acted with?
- Take a Bow showcase, Alfresco Productions, Take Two Productions, Shooting Star Productions, and GCPA.
- What nominations and awards have you received?
- Best Featured Actress for Wednesday Addams in “The Addams Family” (Nominee)
- Best Duo/Trio for the role of Pilar in “Legally Blonde” (Nominee)
- Best Lead Actress in a Musical for the role of Ariel in “Disney’s The Little Mermaid” (Award Winner)
After Morgan finished my questionnaire, I had the opportunity to talk to her and I asked her what motivated her to do theater.
- “I enjoy performing so much because I love the reaction it brings to other people. I love watching the audience smile and be able to step away from difficulties they may be having in their lives at that moment. Music can truly speak to someone and I find that amazing. Also, I perform because I want to be a role model for children, not just in theater, but just in general. They should be able to find something they’re passionate about and follow their dreams until they reach the stars.”
She also said that she has really enjoyed working with the young actors at Althoff Catholic Drama Camp where she is currently the Director of Music for their production of “Once On This Island Jr.” She has also Assistant Directed with the camp for their production of “Schoolhouse Rock Jr.”
Lastly, I asked Morgan if we would be able to see her in anything soon. I was excited when she told me that she would be playing Belle in Take a Bow Showcase’s production of “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast” from July 27-30 in Belleville. So make sure to see this amazingly talented young lady.
Thank you to Morgan for taking the time to talk to us. She is a remarkable young lady and I know we can expect to see some amazing acting from her around St. Louis.