Disney Trivia, Creator Panels, Costume Contests, Cosplay Sessions, Speed Dating All Weekend Long At America’s Center, April 5-7
ST. LOUIS, March 29, 2019—Q&A sessions with the stars of “Charmed” (Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause and Drew Fuller) plus Chris Kattan (“Saturday Night Live,” A Night at the Roxbury), Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings, “Stranger Things 2”), Alaina Huffman (“Smallville,” “Stargate” universe), David Alpay (“Vampire Diaries”) and workshops, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests, feature film and trailer screening and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World St. Louis, April 5-7 at America’s Center.
Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc.) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 50 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
· Group session with the cast of “Charmed” (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
· Sessions with Astin (Saturday, 4 p.m.), Kattan (Saturday, 3 p.m.), Huffman (Sunday, noon), Alpay (Saturday, 1 p.m.) and voice actor Scott Innes (“Scooby Doo,” Saturday, 4 p.m.)
· Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey star Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, American Pie) and Chris Owen (American Pie) moderated by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem (Saturday, 2 p.m.)
· Creator sessions with industry superstars Tom Cook, Phil Ortiz, Victor Dandridge, Josh Lyman, Stuart Sayger, Gavin Smith, Mostafa Moussa, Kurt Lehner, The Pumpkin Geek, James Morris, Shawn Coss and more
· Immersive, high-intensity interactive workshops on such topics as Cosplay Photography, Cosplay Painting and Weathering, Resin Casting, Worbla, Creator U, Cosplay Foam Fabrication, Sculpting, Basics of Drawing (these workshops have an additional fee, with limited availability)
· Screening of modern religious feature film Jesus Bro, with writer Brad Jones and director Ryan Mitchelle (Saturday, 7 p.m.)
· Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from self-publishing, YouTube 101, steampunk, Doctor Who, zombies, cosplay & anxiety, Nerd Off 2.0, Armor, superhero movies, comics in the classroom, Star Trek and more
· Kids programming all three days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
· Trailer Park, a screening of some of the newest and most anticipated movies and TV series (Saturday, noon)
· World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
· Cosplay with special guests SuperKayce, OhMySophii, Thousand Faces, Sally Quinn, Terrible Trio, Baroness Von T and more, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World St. Louis programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/st-louis (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The fourth event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, St. Louis show hours are Friday, April 5, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, April 6, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, April 7, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World St. Louis is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World St. Louis, visit http://wizd.me/StLouisPR.
About Wizard Entertainment, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard Entertainment, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard Entertainment has also teamed with Sony Pictures Entertainment to find the next generation of movies as well as to engage in a number of strategic initiatives. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally. Fans can interact with Wizard Entertainment at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The 2019 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/comiccon.